The World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals Research (ACE-CEFOR), University of Port Harcourt (UniPort) was established in 2013 to support quality postgraduate training and manpower development in Africa.
The ACE-CEFOR offers international graduate programmes for sustainable development in the petroleum industry and is well-positioned to deliver high-quality professional services to the oil and gas sector through capacity building/cutting-edge research for addressing regional development challenges.
In line with the World Bank’s mandate for establishing the African Centre of Excellence in Uniport about 70 students from Nigeria and other African countries are currently embarking on their Ph.D programme. (fully sponsored by the World Bank)
Ph.D PROGRAMME IN PETROLEUM STUDIES AND RELATED DISCIPLINES
The objective of the programme is to commit intelligent and talented young men and women within the African region to solve the diverse problems in the oil and gas, and allied industries.
The doctoral degree programmes are offered in the following areas:
- (+)PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- (+)ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT
- (+)CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- (+)OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
- (+) PETROLEUM/ENERGY ECONOMICS
- (+) MICROBIOLOGY
- (+) GEOSCIENCES (EMPHASIZING PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCES
- (+) OILFIELD CHEMISTRY
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE Ph.D PROGRAMME?
1. Candidates with the Relevant M.Sc degree of the University of Port Harcourt with a CGPA of 4.0 and above, and a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in their first degree or its equivalent degree from an accredited institution.
2. Candidates must also possess the minimum entry requirements with, at least, a credit pass in Mathematics and English Language in their O’Level certificates.
1. Applicants should visit our website www.aceuniport.org to fill the Application Form or collect form in person from the ACE-CEFOR Office Complex, Opposite Choba Police Station, East-West Road, UniPort.
2. Completed Application Form plus supporting documents with Bank draft or evidence of e-payment enclosed should be submitted in person or mail to;
The Centre Leader, ACE-CEFOR Office, Opposite Choba Police Station, East-West Road, UniPort or by email to [email protected]on or before;
Friday, 9th November 2018.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
Minimum of twenty-four (24) and Maximum of forty-eight (48)Calendar months of intensive modular taught courses and industry-relevant research project.
A non-refundable application fee of twenty thousand naira (₦20,000.00) or one hundred US dollars (US $100) in certified bank draft or online transfer payable to: CPRT UniPort 2, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Account Number 2031958677.
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE:
Any Change will be Communicated via Email
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed/present research proposal
List of admitted candidates will be uploaded on our Website: www.aceuniport.org
WHY ACE-CEFOR UNIPORT?
A Unique & Totally Industry & Research Driven Programme
The Environment in the Centre is well conducive for Learning & Research
Modern Learning Facilities
Students have access to audio visual aids, research journals, e-learning and unlimited internet facilities.
— All Students have access to EBSCO and Science Direct Journals.
Bag a Ph.D in Record Time
Our Students Graduate in a Record time of 24 Calendar months
COURSES & TEACHING FACULTY
The Teaching Faculty of World Bank ACE-CEFOR Uniport Consists of:
– Lecturers from Uniport
– Other Universities within and outside Nigeria
– Lecturers from Professional Institutions abroad
– Experts from the Industry.
SPONSORSHIP & GRANTS
Sponsorship is highly competitive,apart from the fact that the programme is funded by the World Bank, candidates are also encouraged to seek for other funding sources.
For enquiries, Call the Admin: +234(0)8037100051, +234(0)8120336477 or E-mail: [email protected].
APPLY NOW BEFORE THE FRIDAY 9TH NOVEMBER, 2019 DEADLINE