Africa Energy Indaba is proud to present the third African Youth Energy Innovator Showcase in 2019. The contest is open to 18 to 35 year old individuals from across Africa; and the submitted innovations should address the key areas of energy security, environmental sustainability, energy equity and job creation.
Africa needs to invest in and grow its next generations of energy leaders if its countries and the broader continent are to compete in the global arena. Africa Energy Indaba is committed to empowering talented young Africans by allowing them to be seen by the industry experts and energy decision makers. Africa Energy Indaba wants to encourage empowerment and help find solutions to energy problems in Africa. We want to foster inspirational and innovative thinking, starting with the talented youth in Africa.
WHAT IS THE QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR ENTERING YOUR INNOVATION?
YOUR INNOVATION SHOULD ADDRESS THESE KEY AREAS:
1. Energy Security: Can your innovation help with effective management of energy supply, reliability of energy infrastructure, or meet a specific set of current and future demands?
2. Environmental Sustainability: Does your innovation provide clean renewable or low carbon supply energy?
3. Energy Equity: Can your innovation improve accessibility and affordability of energy in Africa?
4. Job creation: Could your innovation create jobs?
5. Target customers: Who is the innovation going to benefit? For example Utilites / Rural communities / Corporates etc.?
6. Customer value: What are the key benefits of your innovation to customers?
7. Your unique value proposition: How will you differentiate a
WHO MAY ENTER?
• Individuals who are between 18 to 35 years old;
African /Have citizenship to any country in Africa
The deadline for submissions is 04 January 2019 (midnight GMT+2). No late entries will be accepted after the close date.
VVisit The Official Scholarship Website For More Information