Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Higher National Diploma programmes (fed Poly Idah HND Form) offered at the Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State for the 2018/2019 Academic Session.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS STUDIES
- Business Administration and Management;
- Office Technology and Management.
SCHOOL OF GENERAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE STUDIES
- Public Administration.
SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY
- Computer Science;
- Food Science and Technology;
- Hospitality Management Technology;
- Leisure and Tourism;
- Mathematics and Statistics;
- Science Laboratory Technology with Options in Biology/ Microbiology, Physics with Electronics, Chemistry/Biochemistry.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering Technology (Structures Option);
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology with options in:
- Electronics/Telecommunications; (ii) Power;
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (Power and Manufacturing
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology;
- Foundry Engineering Technology.
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- Architectural Technology;
- Building Technology;
- Estate Management and Valuation;
- Quantity Surveying;
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics;
- Urban and Regional Planning.
The minimum entry requirements for admission into the Higher National Diploma programmes are as follow:
- The National Diploma in the relevant field with a minimum of Lower Credit grade obtained from a recognised Institution, and a minimum of one-year post qualification experience. In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specific field may be considered for admission.
- In addition, candidates must possess five (5) relevant credit passes, including Mathematics and English Language at the SSCE, GCE, NECO, NABTEB and other O/L equivalent qualifications obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
- All candidates, including ND graduates from Federal Polytechnic, Idah are to mandatorily process and forward their academic transcripts and confidential reports to the Registrar for admission purposes.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Log on to the address www.fepoda.edu.ng
- Click on the On-line Application Tab
- Fill the form with valid e-mail address and password containing eight (8) characters in alphabets and numbers and print out the Payment Invoice with Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number.
- Take the printed Payment Invoice to any Bank for the payment of Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000.00) only using the Remita.
- Go back to the School website (www.fepoda.edu.ng) to complete the registration by clicking on “Finish Registration”.
- Print out the Application Form, Confidential Report and State of Origin documents.
Further instructions are available on the Polytechnic website.
Application form costs ₦5,000.00.
The closing date for the application is 31st October, 2018.
All screening exercises for candidates will take place at the Federal Polytechnic, Idah and on a date to be announced later. Candidates are to check the Polytechnic website for updates from 1st – 3rd November, 2018.
B. I. F. Unwuchola